Buy pass for next season; ski free now at Northstar and Sierra
TRUCKEE and SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - Beginning now, Northstar-at-Tahoe and Sierra-at-Tahoe Resorts will offer free skiing for the rest of the current winter season with the purchase of a 2010-2011 season pass. The only dual mountain pass that lets snowlovers experience both North and South shore, the Double Whammy season pass provides access to 5,000 acres of terrain, 140 trails, 31 lifts, two halfpipes, snowshoe trails at both resorts, plus more than 40km of cross-country trails at Northstar Resort.
Northstar and Sierra Resorts are scheduled to operate into mid-April, weather and conditions permitting. By purchasing a season pass before April 30, skiers and snowboarders can save up to $50. Guests can also turn in their same-day lift ticket for up to $30 credit toward a 2010-2011 season pass. Season pass rates will increase on May 1.
Skiers and riders can choose from these season pass options:
• The $359 Value Season Pass is valid any day, except for 21 blackout dates at Northstar, and 10 blackout dates at Sierra. This pass is available to guests ages 23-69.
• The $459 Limited Season Pass (over age 22) is a great option for families. It is valid at Northstar Resort any day, except for blackout dates. However, it is fine for Sierra Resort any day with no restrictions, this pass is $259 for ages 13-22.
• The $259 College Season Pass lets students save their money for après ski fun. Valid at Northstar Resort any day, excluding blackout dates and at Sierra Resort any day with no restrictions, this pass is for college students ages 17-69. Students must present a valid college photo ID and proof of a minimum of 6 class credits for the Fall 2010 semester/quarter.
• The Unlimited Season Pass is valid at both Northstar Resort and Sierra Resort any day with no restrictions. At $699 for ages 23-69, $399 for ages 13-22, $99 for super seniors ages 70+ and children ages 5-12, this pass is for avid skiers and riders who are on the snow all season long.
• For skiers and riders favoring the North shore, the $269 Northstar Resort ONLY Season Pass is valid Monday through Friday, excluding blackout dates.
• For those dedicated to Sierra Resort on the South shore, options include the 7-day Season Pass valid any day, excluding blackout dates. This pass is available to ages 23-69 for $279. And, returning for an encore, the Sierra Resort ONLY Season Pass valid Sunday through Friday, excluding blackout dates, is available to ages 23-69 for just $199.
Passholders can add Vertical Plus to any pass for $159. The Vertical Plus frequent skier/rider program allows snowsporters to accumulate vertical feet for each day they ski or ride. Members earn great awards, receive discounts, enjoy priority lift lines and more! And, new this year, those who just want access to priority lift lines all season long – without the other benefits of Vertical Plus – are invited to add a Fast Pass to their season pass for just $99.
Benefits of being a Double Whammy passholder are bigger than just great value up front. Some of the perks include:
• Discount rates on all-day lift ticket purchases during blackout dates when your pass is not valid.
• Bring one guest per day when your pass is valid and they will receive $10 off an adult all-day lift ticket or $5 off a young adult or senior all day ticket, excluding holiday blackout dates (passholder must be present).
• Retail discount of 10% at participating Northstar Resort retailers when coupon and season pass are presented. Some restrictions apply.
• Enjoy 20% Food & Beverage savings at both resorts. Pay $50 and receive $60 in food and beverage value, valid at resort operated food and beverage locations at both Northstar and Sierra Resorts. Food & Beverage discount cards can also be redeemed at Sierra Resort retail and rental locations.
• Discounts on lessons, equipment tunes, rentals and other services and amenities offered at both Northstar Resort and Sierra Resort.
Blackout dates for the 2010-2011 season are: December 26-31, 2010, January 15-16, 2011 and February 19-20, 2011. Value Season Passes are valid on Saturdays from opening through December 18, 2010 and March 26 through closing at Northstar Resort, and any non-holiday Saturday at Sierra Resort.
To purchase a Double Whammy pass, visit www.doublewhammypass.com .
Call Northstar Resort at 530.562.2267 or Sierra Resort at 530.659.7453 x208.
[Back to Top] [Back to Index]